• Slate Magazine covers how two flights got cancelled at the Monroe Regional Airport due to TSA workers not showing up.
• U.S. Republican Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana complains about Medicaid fraud and abuse wasting taxpayer money. Examples include “Medicaid patients treating expensive emergency rooms like primary care clinics” and Medicaid recipients riding an ambulance when they could just as easily “walk to the drugstore if they need a pregnancy test or treatment for acne or the sniffles.”
• Casinos in Shreveport/Bossier saw a slight market decline, according to Louisiana Watchdog.
• Are readers responsible for declines at newspapers that lean left politically, including Gannett, which owns The Shreveport Times and The Monroe News Star? Some people think so.
• Lincoln Parish News Online got wind that Mike Stone plans to retire as sheriff a few days in advance. Now it’s speculating on his replacement.
Follow The Bootstrap on its Facebook page.
Follow Chris Butler on Facebook at Chris Butler Writer-Journalist.
Join Ruston Rants on Facebook.